If you’re interested in reading the entire article, there is a link at the bottom of this post that will take you there. But for a “bite size” version, here are a few of the key statistics for 2013… As we mentioned earlier, these are a small summary of the significant figures. If you’d like to know more, you can go straight to the REIV figures by CLICKING HERE...
- We finished with close to 110,000 sales in Victoria.
- 80,000 of those property sales were in Melbourne.
- The state’s auction clearance rate finished at 71%.
- There were 9 "Super Saturdays" in 2013, (weekends with over 1000 auctions).
- A total of 28% of all of Melbourne’s sales were by auction, up from 23% in 2012.
- Melbourne’s median house price rose 14.9%, the biggest increase since Sept 2010 when annual growth was 16.1%.