As of 11:59pm today (Thursday 27th of May) Victoria is going into a snap lockdown. The lockdown at this point in time is hoped to end at 11:59pm on Thursday 3rd of June.
What does this mean for real estate?
While the details have yet to be published, some things are clear.
- There will be no open for inspections, although virtual inspections may be available.
- There will be no public auctions, but online auctions are permitted. If you want to bid on a property that is being auction online, contact the agent for details on how to be part of it.
- Our offices will be shut to the public however all our people are still available by phone or email to help you.
However, we do believe that agents will be able to attend the office to take care of settlements or end of lease tenancy matters. Obviously the highest level of safety will be involved:
- Our agents will not attend any appointment if they are unwell or have been in a hotspot or believe they have been exposed in any way to COVID-19.
- We ask that you don’t attend if you are unwell or have knowingly been potentially exposed to COVID-19.
- Everyone will wear a mask.
- Everyone will maintain social distancing.
- Please bring your own pen.
Emergency repairs for rental properties will be carried out. Anyone experiencing an urgent issue should contact their property manager.
Hopefully the lockdown will end in seven days and we can get back to helping you buy, sell and lease out properties. In the meantime, stay safe.
This information is as we understand it at the time of writing but may change with the release of formal documentation by the Victorian Government.