Craigieburn has everything, from shopping at Craigieburn Central, Craigieburn Plaza or Highlands (which hosts a monthly farmers market), a workout or a swim and a group fitness class at the Leisure centre to golf at Craigieburn Public Golf Course, a picnic at a local park or jump on your bike and head down to one of the local skate parks and BMX tracks.
It’s just quick trip down the Hume Highway to the cafes of Brunswick’s Sydney Road. There are a large number of primary schools and several secondary schools, both state and Catholic, in the area.
Craigieburn is serviced by trains and a number of buses.
A great location for anyone into fitness or sports:
- Golfers play at the Craigieburn Golf Club on the Craigieburn Public Golf Course or at the Willmott Park Golf Club on Craigieburn Road West.
- The Craigieburn Leisure Centre is one of the major community based recreation facilities which includes heated indoor pool, spa and sauna, gymnasium, group fitness activities, basketball / netball courts, squash courts, childcare and cafe.
- The Splash Aqua Park and Leisure Centre, located on Central Park Avenue in Craigieburn has two large waterslides, children's aqua play zone, leisure, toddler and learn to swim pools an olympic sized pool, 24/7 gym and more.
- There are tennis courts, and a Community hall are located on the western side of D.S. Aitken Reserve, on Selwyn Avenue and the Craigieburn Bowling Club is located at 245 Craigieburn Road West.
- A skate park is at the south eastern corner of D.S. Aitken Reserve and there's a BMX Track behind the Craigieburn Lesiure Centre. Craigieburn has at least 15 kilometres of hike and bike trails.
- The Craigieburn Sporting Club is located at the Craigieburn Public Golf Course on Craigieburn Road. There are also a variety of other parks and sporting grounds throughout the area.
- For cyclists, Craigieburn is at the start of the Galada Tamboore Cycle Path which follows the Hume Freeway 14.7 km south to meet the Western Ring Road Trail at Thomastown.
Need to do some shopping?
- Craigieburn Central, on the corner of Aitken Boulevard and Craigieburn Road, serves as the area's major retail precinct. There's a Target, discount department stores, Woolworths and Coles supermarkets, Cinemas and approximately 160 specialty stores.
- Highlands Shopping Centre on the corner of Aitken and Grand Boulevards includes a Woolworths Supermarket, Jetts Fitness, Cafe, Pharmacy, Butchery, Subway and other specialty shops.
- Craigieburn Plaza Shopping Centre is located on the corner of Hanson Road and Craigieburn Road. It includes a Woolworths, dentist, tax agent, Halal butcher and several other specialty shops. Located further north in the newer estate on Mareeba Way is a small shopping centre containing a pharmacy, doctors surgery, cafe, bakery, general store and other fast food outlets.
- Bunnings Warehouse is located on the corner of Sydney and Amaroo Roads.
Schools in Craigieburn include:
- Craigieburn Primary School
- Craigieburn South Primary School
- Aitken Creek Primary School
- Willmott Park Primary School
- Our Lady's Catholic Primary School
- Mother Teresa Catholic Primary School
- Craigieburn Secondary College
- Mount Ridley College (P-12)
- Hume Anglican Grammar School
- Newbury Primary School
- Parks & Recreation
- Peace & Quiet
- Public Transport
- Clean & Green
Who lives here?
- Families with kids
- Roxburgh Park