Reservoir's a multi-cultural and established suburb with brick and weatherboard homes, plus an increasing number of new developments. The region contains popular recreation areas and facilities, including Edwardes Lake and the Reservoir Leisure Centre, and is home to the Edwardes Street and Broadway shopping strips.
Close to the Northland Shopping Centre, Preston Market, High Street food quarter, Sydney Road shops and restaurants and one of three remaining drive-in cinemas in Melbourne, the Village in Coburg, the Reservoir area is experiencing unprecedented growth and is also popular with home-buyers looking for a 'still affordable' inner city lifestyle.
Resevoir is serviced by four railway stations on the Mernda railway line: Reservoir, Regent, Keon Park, and Ruthven. Reservoir station acts a bus hub for many of the Reservoir bus routes and two tram lines service the area.
The Merri Creek Trail and Darebin Creek Trail are shared-use recreational paths used by cyclists and walkers that pass through Reservoir.
Reservoir has easy access to the Northern/Western Ring Rd, Hume Highway/Freeway, Tullamarine & Calder Freeways and Eastern Freeway.
Property prices in Reservoir are still considered affordable in comparison to other suburbs within 15kms of Melbourne city.
Schools in Reservoir include:
- St Stephen's Parish Primary School
- Holy Name Primary School
- Reservoir Primary School
- Reservoir East Primary School
- Reservoir Views Primary School
- Reservoir West Primary School
- St Gabriel's Parish Primary School
- Reservoir High School
- William Ruthven Secondary College
Sporting facilities in Reservoir include:
- Reservoir Football Club and West Preston Football Club are Australian Rules football teams. Both competes in the Northern Football League.
- Northern Rugby Union Football Club
- Preston Lions Soccer Football Club play in the Victorian Premier League.
- Northern Darts Association
- Northside Roller Derby
- Internet Access
- Parks & Recreation
- Neighbourly Spirit
- Public Transport
Who lives here?
- Families with kids