At Barry Plant, we strive to deliver outstanding customer service to our clients at all times. This Customer Service Charter is an expression of our commitment to delivering the best service, as well as providing clients and customers with a way to provide us with feedback on the service they have received - both good and bad.
Our service standards
We aim to provide a consistently professional and high-quality service at all times. In addition to our separate Service Commitment that is provided to all our sellers and Residential Rental Providers, we also promise everyone who is a client that:
- You will be treated with courtesy and consideration and our team members will endeavour to assist you with any real estate query you may have.
- Your questions and needs will be attended to promptly.
- We will exercise all due care and professionalism in our dealings with you, and
- We will treat you in such a way that you will be happy to recommend our service to others.
Feedback and complaints
Selling, buying or renting a home is a major event for most of us and in most cases occurs only once every few years. It can also be quite a complex and stressful process. Our reputation and our future business is reliant on happy clients coming back over a long period of time and also telling their friends how pleased they were with our service. We welcome feedback (good and bad) from all of our clients. Tell us when we’ve done a great job and please, tell us if we’ve failed to meet your expectations.
We believe that the fastest and most effective way to resolve a complaint is to deal with the issue at the office where the service was provided. To help you, we suggest you take the following steps:
- Raise the complaint with the agent, representative or property manager you are dealing with.
- If you need to speak to somebody other than the person you are dealing with, ask for the Complaints Manager, or see below for a full list of our Office Complaints contacts. The Office's Complaints Manager can liaise with all necessary people within that office, following a process to resolve your complaint.
- The people handling your complaint will treat the process, and all the details of your complaint, in strict confidence. If we need to discuss any issues arising from your complaint with someone outside of the agency, we will obtain your consent first.
- If you are uncomfortable raising your complaint with that office, or if they have not been able to resolve it satisfactorily, you are welcome to contact our Head Office on+61 3 9840 9555 or email [email protected]. You can also write to The Customer Service Manager, Barry Plant Real Estate, Suite 12, 860 Doncaster Road, Doncaster East, 3109. Head Office will review your complaint and discuss it with you.
- Head Office will try to resolve your complaint as soon as possible and will send you a receipt of your complaint within two business days. They will endeavour to resolve the complaint within five days, but if there are unavoidable delays, this will be communicated to you.
- If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction by Barry Plant then, in Victoria, you may refer your complaint to Consumer Affairs Victoria via their website www.consumer.vic.gov.au or by phoning 1300 73 70 30, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. In South Australia, you can contact Consumer and Business Services at www.cbs.sa.gov.au or phone 131 882.