Winners of our competition:
Thank you to everyone who entered our competition. It was so hard to choose winners because there are so many amazing people out there who really do give back to their communities.
Unfortunately due to a lockdown, the Melbourne Derby was played with no crowd and so we were unable to provide our winners with their experience in a corporate box at the game.
However, we have organised alternative prizes in keeping with their love of Melbourne Victory.
Our winners are:
- Senad and local hero Jaymie
- Laura and local hero Jordan
- Gabrielle and local hero Donna
- Jamie and local hero Gemma
- Rose and local hero Ray.
It’s been a tough 12 months – particularly in Victoria – but people have been truly wonderful in how they have stepped up and helped out. That’s from being on the medical front line to manning the checkouts at supermarkets during the chaotic first lockdown, to leaving treats in people’s letterboxes, organising a socially distanced neighbourhood Anzac Day commemoration or collecting medicines and essentials for those who couldn’t. There are a thousand different ways that people have provided a ray of light (or a whole sunbeam) to people during those dark times.
You may be one of those selfless people or you may know someone who has gone out of their way to help people during this time. Either way, tell us their (or your) story. Fill out our entry form and tell us the story by 5pm on Thursday 27th of May.
If your entry wins and you nominated a local hero, you will get a ticket to the corporate suite as well as the person you nominated. If you are the local hero, then you’ll receive two tickets to the corporate suite. There will be five winners selected. As a bonus, the suite will be visited by some Melbourne Victory players who aren’t playing on the night. Plenty of opportunities for photos and questions.
Terms and conditions of entry:
- Entries open on Monday 10th May and close at 5pm on Thursday 27th of May.
- Entries must be made using this form.
- There are no criteria for a winning entry, they will be those that touch the hearts of the Barry Plant judges the most. There will be five winners and the judges' decisions are final.
- Barry Plant reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and disqualify any entrant that is not truthful.
- Winners will be contacted and informed of their win.
- Winners' first names and suburbs will be published on the Barry Plant website and on our social media channels.
- Tickets are not transferrable. If someone is unable to attend, we will select another winner.
- COVID regulations apply – you will not be able to attend the corporate suite if you are unwell or have been to a known COVID exposure site during the time periods stated or if any other circumstances mean that you are at risk.
- Melbourne Victory Football Club will require you to go through a COVIDSafe process to claim your tickets.
- Photographs will be taken on the night and used for publicity purposes.