Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Urgent repairs

Urgent & Non-Urgent Repairs

The Residential Tenancies Act 1997 distinguishes between urgent and non-urgent repairs.

Please always contact us to notify us even if it’s an urgent repair so that we can keep your landlord informed. If there’s any life-threatening issue, please call Triple Zero (000) and notify us afterwards as soon as possible. 

The full list of Urgent Repairs is set out below:

- burst water service
- blocked or broken toilet system
- serious roof leak
- gas leak
- dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm or fire damage
- failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by a landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering.  (Air-conditioning is not an urgent repair).
- failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- an appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted.
- a serious fault in a lift or staircase.

Non-Urgent Repairs

For Non-Urgent Repairs, you must notify your property manager in writing via email, advising of required maintenance/repairs, and it will be attended on the next business day. You must provide access for any maintenance/repairs.

Please note: You will be responsible for any/all costs incurred if non-urgent works are carried out at your property without consent. After-hours and public holidays will also incur higher than usual costs.

Contact details for Barry Plant Bayside tradespeople


Elliott Electricals 0419 341 475 (Mark)


Pacific Plumbing 0425 779 790 (Peter)


Michael's Magic Glass 0425 707 165 (Michael)


Peter Gill - 0417 558 614

[Please note: If your property is on a registered key system, a specific locksmith may be required. Details can usually be found on your lock, key or property manual]

Power Outages

Citipower 13 12 80

Powercor 13 24 12

SP AusNet 13 17 99

Jemena 13 16 26

Flooding, earthquake or storm damage assistance

Please call the SES on 132 500.

Please note: Barry Plant offices are independently owned and operated.

These suppliers apply to the Bayside Group of offices including Dingley Village, Chelsea, Mentone-Cheltenham & Mordialloc. If you are renting a property through another Barry Plant office, please liaise with them directly for their Urgent Repairs contacts.