For those local property owners and buyers who have been following these weekly updates, you will already be aware that some of the numbers we have been posting recently have painted the property market in a reasonably positive light.
This positivity continued this week, as you would have noticed if you picked up Saturday’s Herald-Sun where the Barry Plant network was able to report over 500 property sales last month.
Importantly, this result reflected an increase of around 25% on the 405 sales that we achieved in April. When you remember that April’s result was considered a very strong number given all that was happening in the world at the time, the May result is a great sign for anyone considering selling a property in our part of Melbourne over the next month or two.
Our more recent results have continued in this positive vein as well, including:
- A superb equestrian property comprising over 8 Hectares, (around 20 acres in the old scale), in Baxter achieved an outstanding $2.3 million.
- A development site with plans and permits for 13 townhouses between Nepean Highway and Dandenong Road in Frankston sold for over $1.8 million after a highly effective off-market campaign.
- A potential-packed four-bedroom home near Sweetwater Creek in Frankston South sold in the mid-$700,000’s.
- Another vacant lot with bay views, (right beside the block we sold earlier this month), found new owners this week at $700,000.
- A chic two-bedroom townhouse with direct beach access was another property to benefit from a strong off-market campaign, with the contract being inked at $676,000.
Results like these are a timely reminder that if you are considering making a move, the buyers are out there in good numbers, and they are ready to act as soon as the right property hits the market. So, if you’d like an obligation-free update on how much your property could achieve in the current climate, don’t hesitate to give the team at Barry Plant Frankston a call this week on 9781 3100.
Barry Plant Real Estate
Frankston & Cranbourne